Pinterest has grown immensely from a digital version of the classic office or home pinboard to a popular visual search engine. In this blog, we have listed four simple steps to create an account on Pinterest, if you just want to have a better grasp of the social network by creating a new personal account. These steps will also help you get your company started with Pinterest marketing.
1. Create a new Pinterest account for yourself or your business.
- Pinterest has a variety of sign-up options.
- You may either establish a new personal Pinterest account using the same login information as Facebook or Google, or you can create a separate account with Pinterest-specific login information.
- You may also open a free Pinterest business account.
- You may either attach up to four business profiles to an existing personal account or create a new, independent account that isn’t linked to any personal accounts to do this.
- Choose the option that best suits your company’s approach to sharing and account security–either way, you’ll get the same advantages.
2. Pick a few topics that interest you.
- After you’ve registered an account, Pinterest will ask you a few demographic questions before giving you the choice to select from five different areas of interest.
- This allows Pinterest to generate a personalized home feed for you with content recommendations that you’ll like right away.
- You’ll get some recommendations for specific accounts to follow based on the themes you specified if you click ‘Following’ in the upper left choices of your new home feed.
3. Click the “Pin It” button to begin pinning.
- The ability to save anything from anywhere on the web as a Pin is one of Pinterest’s key differentiators.
- To start saving material you love, click the + symbol in the bottom right corner of your home page to either create a Pin from scratch or install the browser extension.
- Read up on Pinterest content strategies and best practices to get the most out of your content once you’ve become acclimated to the sort of content that attracts attention on Pinterest.
4. Create Boards
- Pinterest is becoming increasingly popular as a visual search engine and research tool, particularly for product purchases.
- Pinterest is a big generator of lifestyle inspiration, product uptake, and much more, with 98 percent of pinners reporting attempting new things after perusing the site.
- Creating boards will help you save content in a folder so that you do not miss it, Now that you know the basics of boards and Pins, you can start looking for, interacting with, and sharing with other Pinterest users. Type a term into Pinterest’s search field to find what you’re looking for. You may refine your search using recommended keywords, or use the dropdown to limit your results to certain sorts of Pins. You may follow individual boards or all boards you’re interested in once you’ve identified some interesting matches.